Nerdy News Blog From A Geek To Go!

Striving to deliver a daily dose of the techie trials and tribulations on a 'Need 2 kn0w' basis. U kn0w wh0 u r!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Attack on Facebook Discovered By A Geek To Go!


11/28/10 6:35pm
by Miles West, A Geek To Go!



I have a bad habit of leaving my Facebook accounts open while I am working online. Tonight I was working on our remotely managed security when the new tone announced that someone had messaged me on instant message. Click on the image for a larger image. When I clicked back over to that tab, I saw someone (I haven't talked to in many years) had messaged me asking me to take a quiz which she did poorly on. She posted the link, which when copied into a new browser window took me to Facebook's malware/phishing warning. I knew from experience not to click on ANY link in an instant message because chances are it's a trap and once you click, then the person or computer on the other end can access your computer. This is not a new trick, but a new one here on Facebook. I can see MANY people falling victim to this. Never click a link in a message, even if you initiated the conversation. Questions? Contact A Geek To Go! through our website, twitter (#ageektogo) Facebook or just call us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home